“In the end the great truth will have been learned; that the quest is greater than what is sought, the effort finer than the prize (or rather, that the effort is the prize), the victory cheap and hollow were it not for the rigor of the game.” U.S. Supreme Court Benjamin Cardozo
What about this quote could help your career and leadership resilience?
If you can learn ways to embrace and enjoy the process of finding work:
- volunteering in your field,
- writing cover letters and resumes,
- and keeping on top of and learning about trends
If you can learn ways to embrace and enjoy the process of leading:
- inspiring a positive vision,
- enabling others to do their best work,
- seeing the virtues of team members,
- sharing decision making with others,
- and modeling leadership behaviour for others
Inject your efforts with some joy and your work may become more like play. Your enjoyment could go up and time might fly by.
Sign up for The Resilience Blog today and Receive 10 Ways to Create Your Own Career Success within 24 hours
Get The Resilience Blog right to your email. Blog Sign Up
Check out the Career Grit Process Here.